Vacancy (February 2019): Young Water Engineer/Technician
Maji Milele Ltd is a Dutch owned company that started operating in Kenya in 2014. Maji Milele is specialized in installing and servicing different kind of prepaid water metering solutions. So far our market has mostly be Kenya, but this is quickly changing and we now also have businesses in Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. For more information, see www.majimilele.com
As a staff member of Maji Milele, you will first of all be responsible for installing and servicing prepaid water meters. Our field work is across Kenya and beyond, so you may have to travel a lot and may sometime have to work in harsh conditions. Over time you might become engaged in many other duties related to the prepaid water meters, including software related matters. All this means there is potential for career development.
- To have a diploma or certificate in water supply Educational background. Diploma-holders are preferred, but applicants with only a certificate will be considered.
- Aged between 20-28 years. Don’t apply if you are older!!
- To have completed secondary school education.
- You have ambitions to grow.
- Ability to communicate well in English.
- You live in or close to Nairobi or willing to relocate to Nairobi
- Hands-on technical skills. Plumbing and/or welding experience is appreciated.
- You have more than average computer/software skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Hands on mentality – hard working
- Willing to travel to remote places in and outside Kenya and willing to sometimes work long days
The successful candidate should be willing to start on a salary of Ksh. 30.000-50.000. Your salary can grow by up to 15-20% annually during first 4 years based on performance.
Female candidates are most welcome if they are comfortable with the skills and attitude required (see above).
Deadline to send your application letter and CV is 18 February to email address email@example.com.
Please expound on the extent you possess the qualities mentioned above and include your marks. Shortlisted candidates will get an email from us in the evening of 19 February. First round of interviews will be 22/23 February. The 3 best candidates will be invited for a final interview on March 1.
If you won`t get an email per 19 February it means you have not been invited for an interview.