How did we get here?
3 pilot prepaid water
Piloted 3 prepaid water ATMs in Kajiado with support from Aqua-For-All.
Maji Milele Ltd
Based on the success of the pilot, Maji Milele Ltd (MML) is legally set up and starts operations
Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund
Out of 450 organizations Maji Milele won an application for soft funding (US$347,000) from Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (AECF).
World Water Leadership Award
Founder Marcel Schreurs received a World Water Leadership Award in India at World CSR Day & Maji Milele Ltd nominated for the Sankalp Africa Award
Product and Operation Growth
1. Addition of prepaid and smart water meters for individual connections to our product portfolio.
2. Creation of Water Forever Uganda
3. Water Forever Uganda wins a tender for prepaid water ATMs from National Water and Sewerage Company (NWSC).
MML becomes a private water service provider
Maji Milele stars as a private water service provider in a tripartite partnership with Dorcas Aid and the County Government of Siaya via a POPM Contract (Publicly Ownership, Private Management). By the end of 2022, we provide water to about 90,000 people in water schemes. We are now the largest private rural water service provider in Kenya.
1. Maji Milele secures contracts from multiple Kenyan WSPs, amongst others Naivasha Water, Nakuru Water, Nakuru Rural, Kisumu Water, Mavoko, Homawasco and Lodwar Water.
2. Maji Milele signs and implements a contract for 200 ATMs with WASAC (Water and Sanitation Corporation), the national water service provider in Rwanda.
3. Maji Milele opens a branch office in Marsabit county (Kenya)