We offer advisory and consultancy services for below areas:
- We help rural water schemes identify the main challenges and solutions with a strong focus on making the schemes financially sustainable.
- Prepaid water metering systems that optimize your water management system
- Purification systems- we advise and provide purification systems that work in tandem with our prepaid water meters
- We incidentally take over the management of community-managed water schemes.
Join Our Team
VACANCY: JUNIOR WATER TECHNICIAN
No of positions: 1 (One)
About Maji Milele
Maji Milele is a Dutch-owned/managed company in Nairobi. We started in 2014 and are the leading company in Kenya in the field of prepaid water metering solutions both for individual connections as well as for communal water points. We also act as a water service provider in Siaya County & run several water schemes. For more information, see www.majimilele.com.
Job description Junior water technician
You will primarily be responsible for installing and servicing prepaid & smart water meters in addition to other technical tasks within the operations of Maji Milele. Our work field is across Kenya and beyond, so at times you may have to travel a lot and sometimes you may have to work in harsh conditions. Over time you will become engaged in many other duties related to the prepaid water meters, including software-related matters thus indicating the potential for career development.
Required skills and characteristics
- You have a diploma in water supply/water engineering. Only Diploma-holders will be considered.
- You have ambitions for career growth in the water sector
- Hands-on technical skills. Plumbing and/or welding experience is appreciated.
- You have good computer/software skills and Microsoft Office proficiency
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Hands-on mentality & hardworking
- You have a flexible mindset
- Willing to travel to remote places in and outside Kenya and to sometimes work long days
- You are trustworthy & have integrity
- Additional appreciated assets:
- You have a driving license
- You are strong in social media
- Kes 26,000-32,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
- as soon as possible
Please send your application letter and CV to email@example.com latest 22/1/2024. In the application letter please also share your grade (pass, credit, distinction)
Interviews are planned for:
– First Round 26th of January
– Second Round 1st of February
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted!!
VACANCY: WATER SCHEMES MANAGER
No of Positions: 1 (One)
Reporting to Scheme Coordinator
Duty Station: Siaya County, Uyoma
Salary Expectations: Kes 30,000 – 55,000 based on skills, experience, and qualifications
Maji Milele Ltd is a Dutch owned company that started operating in Kenya in June 2014. Maji Milele is a fast-growing company that is specialized in Prepaid Water Metering solutions, both for individual connections as well as for communal water points. We also run several water schemes and expect to take over more water schemes within the year. We currently look for an experienced water utility/scheme manager who has proven capacity in managing water utilities/schemes and business-oriented mindset.
You will oversee and manage one or more water schemes in Siaya County. In this position you will have to manage the commercial aspects, the HRM aspects as well as to supervise the technical performance and service delivery to the clients. Initially, there will also be a lot of work in terms of supervision of work by contractors. You may further incidentally be asked to be engage in technical work itself, including installation of various types of prepaid water meters in Siaya, but also outside the Siaya project and possibly also outside of Kenya.
- Responsible for the daily management of duty station assigned ensuring resources availed to him/her are efficiently utilized and maintained at all times.
- Ensure regular and reliable water service delivery consistent with the available water resources; minimize water losses through regular preventive maintenance of the service delivery infrastructure.
- Develop and enforce the strategy for effective execution and monitoring of NRW reduction measures, including the development of practical procedures in case of theft or illegal connections.
- Effective communication of technical/general information or scheme updates in a timely manner to immediate supervisor.
- Device ways to enhance water production and reduction of Non-Revenue Water (NRW), design and implement sound maintenance schedule of the system including line patrols, coordinate installation of new collections and reconnections exercise, coordinate, and develop strategy on eradication of illegal mal-practices in the field.
- Take charge of water production activities and ensure the pump house, including all machinery there-in, is well operated, and maintenance schedule implemented.
- Preparation of proper documents for construction works. Supervising contractor staff, and ensuring desired standards are met within stipulated time schedules.
- Ensuring achievement of key performance indicators in line with the water sector benchmarks on water coverage, water quality, metering ratio, Non-Revenue water, collection efficiency and Operation and Maintenance Costs among others.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, and Capacities
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in Water Engineering or a related course. In case you have a bachelor’s degree in Management with proven experience in managing water schemes, we also consider you. The same applies if you have a diploma in water engineering.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in a management position of (rural) water utilities/schemes.
- Excellent Communication and Reporting skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills especially in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Contractor Management (Preparation of BoQs, Tenders, & Supervision)
- Excellent analytical skills, problem-solving mentality, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while managing a team of staff.
- Excellent communication skills & staff management skills
- Business acumen is desired with the ability to network and maintain linkages with stakeholders.
- A driving license for riding a Motorbike is desired, a plus for a Vehicle driving license.
- Preferably below 35 years old, however, the application is open to all.
Interested applicants can send an application letter, updated CV, and testimonials to Maji Milele addressing it to Marcel Schreurs, CEO Maji Milele via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org latest 28th of January. Only shortlisted candidates will get a reaction. Interviews in two rounds. The successful applicant should be ready to commence work by preferably latest 01st March 2024.