Our mission is to provide safe water for forever. We want to break the pattern of constructing new infrastructure that lasts only for a couple of years.
We especially focus on people in areas of the world where sustainable access to safe water is not yet in place.
Our business principles and values can be summarized as follows:
- We are a for-profit social enterprise. Making profit is important, but the main objective of making profits is to improve and extend our services. Shareholders and managers deserve a reasonable reward, but not more than that.
- Access to water is a Human Right, but sustainable water distribution is not for free.
- The price of water must be low.
- Extremely poor people can be enabled to get a minimum amount of water free of charge (to be discussed at community level)
- If possible, we organize our services in such a way that a community savings account (see ‘About our work’) is part of our offer.
- Service, honesty and transparency are our key values. For transparency: see our online dashboard.
- We intend to comply with international CSR-guidelines on themes like environmental protection, employment regulations, gender, child protection, prevention of corruption and chain responsibility. Please contact us/inform us if you think we don’t comply!