Job title: young but experienced water utility/scheme manager with proven management and business skills
Maji Milele Ltd is a young Dutch owned company that started operating in Kenya in June 2014. Maji Milele is a fast-growing company that is specialized in Prepaid Water Metering solutions, both for individual connections as well as for communal water points. We also run several water schemes and expect to take over more water schemes within the year. We currently look for an experienced water utility/scheme manager who has proven capacity in managing medium-large sized water utilities/schemes.
You will oversee and manage one or more water schemes in Siaya county. In this position you will have to manage the commercial aspects, the HRM aspects as well as to supervise the technical performance and service delivery to the clients. You may further be asked sometimes to be engage in technical work itself, including installation of various types of prepaid water meters in Siaya, but also outside the Siaya project and possibly also outside of Kenya.
You will get support from the head office in Nairobi, but you will also have to be able to work quite independently.
Required education, experience, skills and capacities:
- Diploma or preferably Bachelor’s Degree in Water Engineering or related course. Alternatively you have at least 5 years management experience in managing water schemes
- You are preferably below 40 years
- At least 3 years’ proven experience in a management position of (rural) water utilities/schemes.
- Excellent reporting skills, written communication, report writing, templates development & management
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills especially in Excel, Word & Outlook
- Experience with supervision of work by contractors.
- Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills & staff management skills
- Business and commercial skills
- Specific experience in NRW reduction is considered as an important asset
- Hands on mentality
- Enough energy to travel, to do field work while not forgetting about office responsibilities.
- Willing to live in Siaya county
- Driving license
The successful candidate should be willing to start with a salary of Ksh 50,000-90,000 depending on experience and qualifications. Maji Milele does not provide allowances for travelling or field work. We only pay real costs for the actual incurred expenses.
Interested applicants can send an application letter and updated CV to Maji Milele addressing it to Marcel Schreurs, Managing Director. Please include the grading for your academic qualifications. Send information to email@example.com latest noon 30th of August 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be informed latest the 2nd of September and should be ready for two interview rounds at the 7th and 11th of September. The successful applicant should be ready to commence work by latest 1 November 2020, but preferably earlier.